2020 Atlantic hurricane season officially begins on June 1st and ends on November 30th.
How can you prepare yourself for this "Really Bad Weather"?
Get proper WINDSTORM Insurance ON TIME! Yes, we are Insurance Agents and we are never tired to remind that when the hurricane is coming - all carriers STOP offering this coverage. For Florida residents it is not really an option to "get insurance right before it is needed".
- Find out if you need to get FLOOD Insurance. Determine what Flood Zone you are in and contact us in advance, there is a 30 DAY WAIT after it is bought (exceptions apply).
- Bookmark the National Hurricane Center page or subscribe to their blog to stay informed about Storm Watches (to start the preparations) and Warnings (to take action).
- Download and print Emergency Financial Preparedness Toolkits - they do come handy, trust us! Click here to download English and Spanish versions.
- Know where the nearest shelter is by visiting floridadisaster.org. Save this website to your bookmarks!
- Your phone can help during Hurricane! But you need to stay connected: if you haven't purchased it already - buy a Portable Phone Power Bank! Here are Amazon's TOP 10.
Having shared these preparation tips we hope this year's Hurricane Season passes without any disturbances!